Holy Spirit Catholic School
Safe Environment Training
Safe Environment training, developed and mandated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise, is required before parents and volunteers may engage in volunteer activities at the school. Anyone who volunteers with the school and could potentially work around or with children need to have this training/certification. This includes:
- Substitute Teachers
- Classroom Volunteers and Lunchroom Aides
- Holiday Party Volunteers
- Field Trip Chaperons
- Extra-Curricular Activity/Sporting Event Volunteers
- Basketball Tournament/Auction Volunteers
- Parent Teacher Committee
- Any other volunteer activities where you could potentially work around
Please review the following to determine what you need to do be Safe Environment eligible.
LIVE TRAINING: Attend a live training session once. If you attended in prior years you do not need to attend a second live training, and only need to update your certification annually.
Live trainings are scheduled as follows in the middle school wing of the school.
- Thursday, September 12 (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, September 18 (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
- Saturday, September 28 (9-11 a.m.)
- Tuesday, October 1 (6:30-8:30 p.m.)
To register for one of these classes, go to boise.cmgconnect.org and create your profile (be sure to select Holy Spirit Catholic SCHOOL as your affiliation). Then, select “Safe Environment Face-to-Face Training” to review policies and then RSVP for one of the live trainings at Holy Spirit.
BACKGROUND CHECK: You must have a current background check. These expire every 5 years, so you must submit a new one if it has been more than 5 years since your last check. Background checks cost $13.00 and need to be paid to the school. If you attend a live workshop, the form can be completed there.
YEARLY ONLINE UPDATE: On an annual basis (starting the year after you complete a live training), you must do an online training each year on www.boise.cmgconnect.org. Click here to download the “Online Training Instructions.”
- The first annual online training is approximately one hour long consisting of three video sections of about 15 minutes with quizzes at the end of each section and acknowledgement of receipt of information at the end of all three sessions.
- The second and subsequent year trainings are about 15 minutes each and you can choose one from a variety of topics.
If you have questions regarding your status, please contact Andrea Gumm by email at email@example.com or through Fast Direct.
NOTE: You receive two service hours for attending a live training and one service hour for your online updates.